Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, April 7, 2024

Spring 2024 UFO Club

I used to participate in a quarterly goal group of which I cannot recall the name.  It pushed me to get my Newfo's done.  A Newfo is a newly started project.  Well, I just found this group on Ravelry and tried to join.  The deadline was midnight and I barely got in "if" I posted correctly.  Whether I am in or not, I still want to finish as many of these UFOs by June 30th. 

I had to list a minimum of  5 projects for this quarter's UFO Club on Ravelry, but Joyful Quilter suggests listing more.  Here goes...

1.  Tula Pink Pineapple - This one is supposed to have the top finished by the end of the month anyway for my Chookshed Challenge and my One Monthly Goal.  It should be an easy one.



2. Boundless Bag - This one I just started last week.  It is getting close.  I only have to assemble it and bind the outside edges.






3.  Teapots and teacups - I started this at the Delta retreat and want to get it done by the end of the year for the PHD challenge.  I may as well shoot for 2nd quarter.  The teapots are done but I still need to make the teacups and then assemble the quilt.



4.  Cross My Heart - This should be an easy finish as well.  I would have it done now except I am waiting to find out if my new grand is a boy or girl.  If it is a girl, I will send it off for quilting right away.  If it is a boy, I will add borders to make it larger and give it to a different grand who is just barely one.  I would want her quilt to be larger.



5.  Hussey Mystery Quilt - I started this one just last week.   I will be getting weekly instructions on it and then hopefully getting all the final clues at a retreat I am headed to in about two weeks.




6.  Blue and White Box Bottom Bag - This one should get completed this month because I am taking the class at retreat in a couple of weeks.  I have already pieced the outside squares together.




7.  Charm Pack Box Bottom Bat - I am also making the same bag in these colors at retreat.



8.  The Joyful Quilter made it sound like you can add more in hopes of getting more done.  In case my "Braid" quilt number pops up this quarter in the Chookshed Challenge, I am going to add it to the list.


9.  Another possible number that could pop up in the Chookshed Challenge is my "Me Without You" quilt.  If it does, I will get it finished by June 30th.





10 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that great list ... The Braid quilt is very eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite a list. And a lovely collection of NewFOs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here from your Ravelry link. Looks like you got in fine! Love those pineapples. I found to post photo's in the forums, I add in my notebook area - projects and then upload photo's to that. It allows me to add the photo to the post from there. Hope that helps. Good luck this quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the UFO Club! You've got a nice range of projects from which to choose. Happy finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy sewing! So many fun projects to finish up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well aren't you the "over achiever", I can't wait to see your bags finished and also the tea cups I am sure you will get everything done

    ReplyDelete
  8. so many gorgeous projects on your list! I love your teapot and pineapple quilt projects, they look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such fun projects in the works. Fingers crossed you can get lots done in April.

    ReplyDelete
  10. we all do so much better with UFO challenges/lists etc...Good Luck with them all...Love the braid one.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.