Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, April 1, 2024

Plans for April, March goals review, PHD Update, and 15 Minutes

Hello April!

What is on the list of sewing goals for this month?

There are the usual BOMs.  I am working on 8 of them.  I know, it is nuts, but four of them will finish in July.  I am getting close.

Let's Bake BOM

I already have this month's  sifter and layered cake cut out and ready to piece and applique.  This is a self created BOM because doing it a little each month just works for me.


The sifter has a bias handle.


 


Dollar Building Block BOMs are simple this month.  One is done. It is bulky and heavy. I may do a little redesigning because I made a 3D pinwheel earlier this year that was better designed.  


I believe this month's RSC is yellow.  I will be making my Fishy Business fish for that one.  The pattern doesn't release for about a week.

Life's Little Stitches group for this month are three simple blocks:  a camper, a flower, and a pine tree.  

Speaking of campers, I am behind on my Aussie/NZ BOM.  I didn't get last month's Moda Love blocks and campers done.  I guess I will do a few campers this month.  I also still need to make my boat sheds.  I am two months behind.  I think if I can just catch up this month, I will be happy.

Chookshed Stitcher's Challenge:
I plan to get my Tula Pink Pineapple Quilt completely done.  This is also my One Monthly Goal.



April Friendship Retreat

I am teaching one class and taking a bag class and a mystery class.  I am hopeful to come home with two bags done and blocks completed for my mystery quilt.  She is sending out weekly progress instructions.  I haven't cut it out yet, hopefully that will happen this week.




How did I do on my March goals?

Let's start with my BOM's:


  • ✔Jewel of the Carribean
  • ✔Nutmeg
  • ✔Country Rose
  • ✔Kaffe
  • ✔Life's Little Stitches blocks (3)
  • ⬓ Let's Bake  (They are close.  I need to do embroidery and applique')
  • ✔Fishy Business (RSC)
  • X Aussie/NZ Memory Quilt (boat sheds, camper, Moda Love)
I am hoping to catch up the two I didn't get done this week because I have a few days off.

Let's Bake needs the applique' and embroidery done.



These are the pies  I made in February.


I also need to do the stitch work on the table cloth for this quilt.  It will only be 10" square.


I am close to crossing them off my quilt planner list. 


Other March goals:

Cross My Heart - started and top is assembled
X Chicken Soup Cut out

The yellow shows everything I worked on in March.  I did get two complete finishes - yay!






Well, I seem to be starting new things as fast as I finish them.  What else is new.  I will say that two new starts are bags which will go much faster than quilts.  Also, the other two new starts are close.  Cross my Heart is a finished top and awaiting borders.  The other is awaiting the tea cup blocks to be made at retreat this month.  The bags will be made at retreat as well.  






I am still at 100% for 2024.  







7 comments:

  1. You've got some very fun projects in the works. That you can juggle so many and make progress is pretty awe inspiring. I thought I had a lot of projects in the works. Yeah for being at 100% with your stitching time. I know that helps a lot when you have a bit to do list. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed at what you achieve. Your goals are amazing and your work is beautiful. Maybe you could work on your Aus/NZ project over the week that Scrub Stitchin ison. Then it will feel like you are here in Aus again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You accomplished so much. I laughed when I read that you are starting new projects as soon as you finish. Sounds like me. Only I lack the finishing part most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew......you are always so I impressively busy with you many projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it fun to have both ideas for projects and time to finish them! Congratulations on your progress for the March PHD update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You are moving so many projects forward. I tried doing my own self-scheduled BOM to move a two quilts forward and didn't get past January. Congratulations on making all of that work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG 8 boms...... Not sure how the hell you're doing that........ But go girl I know you will get it done.......

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.