Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Deana's students making barn blocks

Now that my main goal for February is done and out of the way I can focus on my "Up on the Housetop" quilt.  I sewed up this lone Santa block because of the striped fabric.  It took awhile and though the stripes are not perfectly matched, they are the best they could be under the circumstances.  I can't wait to start chain piecing the others!  This block hasn't yet been trued up.



I also wanted to add an update on my middle school students who are learning to make a Buggy Barn style quilt.  The barns are all finished except for two which should be done in a day or two.  We are now starting on trees that will go between the barns.  I will show pictures soon.














I am linking up with:

Freemotion by the River
Main Crush Monday
UFO Busting
ABC 123 WIP Linkup
Esther's WOW

8 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job considering the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! You're giving a gift that some will pick up and cherish the rest of their lives. New quilters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!
    what a fun project...love sewing with kids too!

    thanks for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post just made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell the kids GOOD JOB!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Santa is so cute. I don't blame you for wanting to make more. The barns are wonderful. What a delightful group project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How great are those kids. They are so productive and happy too. You did amazing with those stripes on Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all those smiling faces! That is exactly what we want to see. Their barn blocks look so good, I do hope they will want to continue on this adventure at some point in their lives. Love the Santa block :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The striped fabric behind Santa looks like a chimney’s bricks. How very appropriate.
    The kids’ five-pointed stars all line up so well. I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.