Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Deana: two more houses done

I am so pleased to have two more houses done for my sliced quilt borders.  These are smaller than the others I pieced, but that tree on the right side took a whole hour for each block.  I also had some mess ups and picking and restitching getting the red house stripes to all go the right direction.  There is still one piece turned wrong and I am not fixing it.  

I love these houses though!






This is the direction I am headed with this quilt.  There will be a few more borders to sort out, but this is the general plan.



We have had a super dry, warm winter and are in desperate need of moisture to sustain us through the summer and fall.  I woke up to February snow.  It is lovely.  Here are some photos of my back and front yards.






I am linking up with:

Freemotion by the River
Main Crush Monday
Move it Forward Monday
Let's Bee Social
Finish it Up Friday

10 comments:

  1. I love your little village! It's going to be such a lovely quilt or wall hanging. I think I'd have to have that on the wall so I could look at it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your village blocks are so pretty. I love your whole quilt. It is a delightful design and you have chosen perfect colors for each block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go girl, you are on a roll....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The houses are amazing! This is going to be so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The detail on your houses is amazing...love how they are coming together. (Love seeing your snow too)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you use just the right fabrics to suggest the foliage and building materials. This looks like such a fun, satisfying project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your houses are so intricate and beautiful! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.