Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Deana: Christmas Blocks done! Yippy!

Isn't it amazing what I can achieve when I am actually home!  After years and years of sitting in a stagnant phase, the blocks are complete for my Christmas Log Cabin.  The newly finished blocks are not yet sewn to the middle so it looks a little off, but it is getting so so close.  I will still have to decide on borders.



I also finished my last receiving blanket last night.  I love crocheting around the edges and the baby is due to arrive within two weeks.





I am linking up with 

9 comments:

  1. Love the pizzazz in your Christmas quilt! Also really like the crocheted edge on the baby quilt and wondered which stitch you used and what yarn or fabric strips you used to accomplish it. Great finish!!! Thanks for sharing! Warm regards, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi DQ,
    That receiving blanket is so pretty. How wonderful to be SO close to completing your Christmas quilt. You will be snuggling under it this year. Yay you! ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt! Can't wait to see what you choose for borders - be sure to share again on Midweek Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your Christmas quilt looks great! That's a lovely way to finish off the wee blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas quilt looks amazing! It will be a real keepsake. That receiving blanket is adorable! What type of yarn did you use for the edge? I don't think I've a receiving blanket finished like that before, and I absolutely love it. --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how it is looking.
    Love seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous quilting as usual. Love the fabrics you chose for the Christmas piece. Love how you crocheted an edging on the baby blanket. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt is coming together beautifully, and isn't it exciting getting to these finishes? I have really liked the baby quilts you've been putting a crochet edge on. Would you be willing to give an explanation or tutorial of how you do that? I'm not much of a crocheter, but I sure think I could handle that.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.