Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, November 26, 2022

Top and back done

 Sand Dollar top is done and ready to be quilted. Love it. It took me a bit to decide on borders with the fabrics I had left over. It lived on my living room floor all week.



Extra blocks went to the back.

The two challenges with finishing this one were:

1. I just didn't love it. It was just too busy and needed more negative space. This layout did the trick, and the polka dot background found in my srash was perfect.

2. My Bernina is old and does not do a pretty blanket stitch anymore.  I ended up staying after school a few days to use a school Bernina thanks to the support of the FACS teacher.

For the Birds has now taken up a temporary home on my living room floor as I intend to piece a back for it today.


Today's Linkies:

Michelle's Beauties Pageant
Quilty Girl's Finished or not Friday

6 comments:

  1. Well done on the finish, it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great finish, you should be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this...borders are perfect! and oh snow white is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I never knew what a sand dollar was until we found some on a beach in Queensland a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.