Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, August 6, 2018

Prepping applique' all day!

What should have been a tedious day was actually very relaxing and enjoyable.  I spent the first half of the day turning edges and glue basting blocks for my Pieceful Country quilt.  I am so pleased with how they turned out.

This block needs hand stitching and embroidery.




This bird needs hand stitched down.  I love doing the hand work.


I love the wonky stars too!





I spent the second half of the day cutting out barns for my horse quilt and cutting out pieces for my new grandbaby's quilt.  I also prepped her quilt center with fusible.  I think fusing takes just as much time as turning the edges, but these pieces are too tedious for turning under.  My favorite part is the boots.


I am linking up with:

BOMs Away
Monday Making
Main Crush Monday
Moving it Forward Monday
Bambi's Show N Tell Monday

My quilt friend in Australia is making a rope crochet basket.  I am thinking I might want one too.  Here is a link to how to do it for my future reference.

6 comments:

  1. This looks like a beautiful project...always nice to have some slow stitching ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your applique blocks are going to be wonderful! Thanks for sharing with Moving it Forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Peaceful Country quilt is so cute! Love the bird ... she's a real beauty! Thanks for sharing with Moving It Forward

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your applique. It is putts to prepare this way, but I think much easier to see. Love the crochet basket. Will ruminate on that one. Anyway thanks for understanding about my mom. I have done so many things like her: sewing and needlework, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh.so.cute!!! I love the wonky stars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, what sweet blocks! I love everything about them -- pattern, fabrics, colors! They are just charming -- for both quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.