Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, April 8, 2018

2nd quarter finish along goals



I love the quarterly finish alongs. First quarter I set my goals higher than I thought possible to achieve and I got them all done.  Lets hope 2nd quarter is equally successful.

One  great thing about 2nd quarter is that I will be out of school during June which allows me so many more hours on the machine.

This finish along requires a complete finish meaning quilted and bound.  Here are my hopes for 2nd quarter:

1.  Middle school student's barns
I started teaching them in November and was so pleased with how the blocks turned out. I am not putting a border on it so it is ready.


2.  Justin's bear paw quilt
I cut it out in the evenings at the hotel during a  teacher training last month. I realized I had enough fabric to make two so I ended up cutting out two.


This is what I will be making.  It is one of my designs.


3. Justin's Mystery Quilt





4. Christmas Log Cabin



5.  Crazy Busy Bees
 I have had the fabrics planned, cut into fat quarter sizes,  and stacked in their selected order for months. (It is a stack and slash style of quilt).


Here is a better photo of the bees.


6. 5 bags
I don't usually make anything but quilts; however,  my friend convinced me to try a bag.  I am making them for my girls for Mother's  Day since this is their first one as new mothers. I hope to make one for myself as well.  The pieces are cut and semi assembled.



7. Chicks in the Garden
I am making two quilts with the same flowers. This is the second one.   Again,  the fabric is cut into fat quarter sizes,  pressed,  layered,  and ready to cut.



8.  Pink Hexagon
I made this top many years ago. It is #5 on my  Patchwork Times UFO challenge list.  It needs to be done this month.



9.  Mom's blue and white quilt




10.  Winged Things



8 comments:

  1. As usual another packed quarter. Amazing work too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like you have a lot of plans for your second quarter - the project that you say houses all around would be good - I agree - it is an interesting looking quilt though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all that your working on! I've been watching the sliced quilt for a while now and can hardly wait to see it finished:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your middle school student's barns! Looks like a fun list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the look of the Bear Paw Quilt. Two of them sounds like quite the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck with your projects. It looks like you will be busy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many fantastic projects!!! I know you can totally knock out a few of these. Thanks for linking up with the Finish-A-Long on behalf of the 2018 global hosts.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.