Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, February 15, 2010

Star Crazy




Here are my January and February blocks.
What a fun project. I am trying to use up a bunch of my fat quarters and scraps from other projects. It is nice that the blocks are all different enough that I can mix and match to use them up.
I have not squared them up yet, but that is the next part of the project.
In between doing the BOM, I hope to get to my buggy barn project.
Marie, Thank you so much for the rotating cutting board. It has been invaluable in this project. I have a "Cut and Press" board, so I can set them both up and not worry about turning them over to cut or press. I have a mini iron, and so I can sit and to it all, instead of jumping up and down at the ironing board. Of course, I will have to use the steam iron to do the squaring up. That is why they are not done yet.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Wow, you've been busy. Your blocks look great and it looks like so much fun. I would have joined you in "Star Crazy" if I didn't have so much still to do on my Dorinda quilt.
I knew you'd like the rotating cutting board. It is one of my favorite tools, along with my mini iron and pressing board.

dj said...

Great job Ann! I have not even started my Star Crazy yet. Hopefully next week. I'm still playing with the pattern and trying to get some other things finished up.