Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, February 21, 2010

January "Granny Went Star Crazy" complete

This quilt is truly Star Crazy because:
1)  It's all about stars
2) It's CRAZY because I didn't pick out any of the fabrics.

Last year my sister informed me that her quilt shop was going out of business (so sad).  Anyway, I told her to buy me a bunch of the discounted fabric.  Because I love ALL colors, I told her not to worry about what she bought as long as she liked it.

Furthermore, my sister-in-law told me about a fabric sale over in her neck of the woods.  I also asked her to purchase some fabric for me.  Wala, many of the fabrics went together in the same color scheme and autumn colors to boot (I LOVE autumn colors).

I decided to use ONLY fabrics in my stash to make this quilt.  In order to make it work I had to be a little creative with color placement.  I'll be making all of the little stars with gold backgrounds.  Also, all of my large stars will have a somewhat "busy" background.  I did this in lou of purchasing 10 1/2 yards of background fabric.

The busy backgrounds will make the quilt look very "old fashioned" hence the name "Granny Went Star Crazy".

2 comments:

  1. Great progress in every project. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in your Star Crazy quilt. It will be a very fun quilt with the autumn colors. Picking colors that go together is one of the hardest things for me to do, but you always come up with great combinations.

    Really great progress this week. You accomplished a lot even though you didn't feel good most of the week. Keep it up--you are doing great and giving me inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.